A natural lotion to protect & heal skin from sun damage
Our natural sunscreen helps protect skin from sun damage without any of the toxic chemicals found in conventional options. It is gentle enough for everyday use, even for children and those who have sensitive skin.
Zinc oxide gives this lotion it’s sun blocking power. It creates a protective layer that helps to reflect harmful UVA and UVB rays away from the skin.
Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It encourages the healing of skin cells and can prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sun damage. Rose soothes skin and helps to heal sunburn.
A blend of nourishing oils & butters moisturizes and rejuvenates skin. Cacao butter is an excellent emollient that softens and soothes. Sunflower oil is easily absorbed into the skin, helping to hydrate skin & improving its ability to retain moisture. It is rich in vitamin E, which helps to protect the skin from premature aging due to sun damage.
Beeswax creates a protective barrier on the skin, helping to lock in moisture. It is a humectant, which means that it attracts water molecules to help skin stay hydrated. Beeswax is also rich in vitamin A, a nutrient that is essential to skin health. Applied topically it boosts the appearance of skin by helping to reduce wrinkles and fade age spots.
To use: apply liberally to skin prior to sun exposure. Reapply as needed, especially if sweating heavily or swimming.
Available in SPF 10, SPF 20, & SPF 30.
Ingredients: sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus), zinc oxide, cacao butter (Theobroma cacao), beeswax, green tea (Camellia sinensis),* & rose(Rosa manetti)*
* Indicates ingredients that are grown or produced at Sierra y Cielo
• Frothingham, Scott. “Green Tea for Your Skin.” Healthline. June 18, 2019.
• Gianni, Ann Marie. “Beeswax: The Natural Skin Protectant that Soothes and Hydrates.” October 28, 2018.
• Kaur, Chanchal Deep and Swarnlata Saraf. “In vitro sun protection factor determination of herbal oils used in cosmetics.” University Institute of Pharmacy, Ravishankar Shukla University. Raipur, India. October 10, 2009.
• Kester, Sarah. “Beeswax Uses for Skin Care.” Healthline. November 22, 2019.
• Keville, Kathi. “Natural Sun Protection.” Mother Earth Living. July/August 2002.
• Korać, Radava R. and Kapil M. Khambholja. “Potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation.” Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Cosmetology, Vojvode Stepe University. Belgrade, Serbia. March 22, 2011.
• Lenz, Erika. “Herbal Sunscreen Info to Know.” Mother Earth Living. May/June 1998.
• Nanoparticles in Sunscreen. EWG’s Guide to Sunscreen. ewg.org.
• Rose, Jeanne. Herbal Body Book. Grosset & Dunlap Publishers. 1976. New York. 59.
• Whelan, Corey. “The Benefits and Limits of Vitamin A for Your Skin.” Healthline. August 20, 2018.
• Whelan, Corey. “What’s Good About Sunflower Oil for Skin?” Healthline. August 7, 2019.
- No products in the cart.