Cooling and calming balm for inflamed & irritated skin
This salve combines our favorite soothing herbs help to relieve itchy, irritated skin.
Strawberry leaf is well suited for healing skin conditions and is especially indicated for eczema. Chickweed softens, heals, and protects the skin. It’s particularly useful for soothing irritation, itchy skin, and insect bites. Plantain is cooling, and healing herb. Spearmint helps ease skin sensitivity and is helpful for itchy skin problems, including eczema.
A blend of nourishing oils & butters moisturizes and heals skin. Cacao butter is an excellent emollient that softens and soothes. Sunflower oil is easily absorbed into the skin, helping to hydrate skin & improving its ability to retain moisture. It is rich in vitamin E, which helps to protect the skin from premature aging due to sun damage.
Beeswax creates a protective barrier on the skin, helping to lock in moisture. It is a humectant, which means that it attracts water molecules to help skin stay hydrated. Beeswax is also rich in vitamin A, an essential nutrient for skin health.
To use: apply liberally to itchy dry skin, rashes, insect bites, and eczema. Reapply as needed.
Ingredients: sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus), cacao butter (Theobroma cacao), beeswax, chickweed (Stellaria media),* spearmint (Mentha spicata),* plantain (Plantago major),* strawberry leaf (Fragaria spp.),* & peppermint essential oil (Mentha piperita)
*Indicates ingredients that were grown or produced at Finca Sierra y Cielo
• Chevallier, Andrew. Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine. Second Edition. Dorling Kindersley. New York. 2000.
• Gianni, Ann Marie. “Beeswax: The Natural Skin Protectant that Soothes and Hydrates.” October 28, 2018.
• Gladstar, Rosemary. Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health.
• Hoffman, David. The Herbal Handbook. Healing Arts Press. Rochester, VT. 1998. 65.
• Kester, Sarah. “Beeswax Uses for Skin Care.” Healthline. November 22, 2019.
• Rose, Jeanne. Herbal Body Book. Grosset & Dunlap Publishers. 1976. New York. 59.
•Whelan, Corey. “The Benefits and Limits of Vitamin A for Your Skin.” Healthline. August 20, 2018.
•Whelan, Corey. “What’s Good About Sunflower Oil for Skin?” Healthline. August 7, 2019.
- No products in the cart.