Green Tea & Lavender Lip Balm
Nourishing & soothing
Green tea’s nutrient and antioxidant rich leaves are soothing and moisturizing. They help to improve elasticity and protect the skin from solar UVB damage.
Lavender oil soothes and protects skin, helping to slow aging and reduce redness, inflammation, + hyperpigmentation. It’s natural anti-bacterial properties help to cleanse skin and reduce acne.
A blend of nourishing oils & butters moisturizes and rejuvenates lips. Cacao butter is an excellent emollient that softens and soothes. Sunflower oil is easily absorbed into the skin, helping to hydrate skin & improving its ability to retain moisture. It is rich in vitamin E, which helps to protect the skin from premature aging due to sun damage.
Beeswax creates a protective barrier on the skin, helping to lock in moisture. It is a humectant, which means that it attracts water molecules to help skin stay hydrated. Beeswax is also rich in vitamin A, an essential nutrient for healthy skin.
Ingredients: Sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus), cacao butter (Theobroma cacao), beeswax, green tea leaves (Camellia sinensis)*, vitamin E oil, lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
*Indicates ingredients that are grown or produced at Finca Sierra y Cielo
• Angelo, Giani. “Essential Fatty Acids and Skin Health.” Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University. February 2012.
• Frothingham, Scott. “Green Tea for Your Skin.” Healthline. June 18, 2019.
• Gianni, Ann Marie. “Beeswax: The Natural Skin Protectant that Soothes and Hydrates.” October 28, 2018.
• Gotter, Ana. “How to Improve the Health of Your Skin with Lavender Oil.” Healthline. December 17, 2018.
• Kester, Sarah. “Beeswax Uses for Skin Care.” Healthline. November 22, 2019.
• Rose, Jeanne. Herbal Body Book. Grosset & Dunlap Publishers. 1976. New York. 59.
• Whelan, Corey. “The Benefits and Limits of Vitamin A for Your Skin.” Healthline. August 20, 2018.
• Whelan, Corey. “What’s Good About Sunflower Oil for Skin?” Healthline. August 7, 2019.